Director of Business Development (Sales & Marketing Intern) – Kleinert Ventures
Kleinert Ventures LLC is 50% thought leadership I provide as a bestselling author, entrepreneur, and TED speaker and 50% boutique marketing consultancy servicing some of the world’s top authors, entrepreneurs, and companies.
From a thought leadership standpoint, we are dedicated to identifying and connecting some of the world’s smartest and most talented Millennials and sharing the insights we learn along the way with as many people and corporations as possible. Through our consulting efforts, we aim to share the stories, services, and expertise of our clients through unique and non-traditional marketing and sales campaigns that ultimately get results.
We are looking for a part-time hustler to join our tight-knit team that has the ability to work both creativity and systematically. Part marketer, part salesperson, part executive assistant…all personal growth and invaluable experience!
Our Core Values:
- Assume nothing. Everything we do is subject to experimentation and, therefore, improvement.
- Don’t wait for permission. We value entrepreneurship. Throw spaghetti on the wall. If it sticks, find out why and double-down. If it doesn’t stick, find out why and iterate.
- Growth is good. Scary at times, but good. Always think of new ways to grow the business, develop your role, and increase your responsibility within our company. We want you to grow, and we want you to succeed.
- Take massive action and get sh*t done.
- Transparency is incredibly important. Let us know how we can help you in your role. If you have new ideas, voice them! Tell us what you think.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Independently lead new business development efforts under the Kleinert Ventures umbrella, with preference for growing the speaking side of our business over the marketing consulting.
- Leverage my personal network to find new business opportunities for the firm.
- At times, assist in my day-to-day project management and client fulfillment responsibilities.
- Research and identify targeted leads as well as their contact information, needs, and overall background.
- Lead reach-out efforts and outbound sales for new clients utilizing both traditional and non-traditional marketing and sales strategies.
- Research and understand the needs and opportunities among high-level clientele in the marketplace that we are looking to partner with.
- Report directly to me and test a potential longer-term, higher-impact position within Kleinert Ventures.
- Thoroughness and maturity of communication with important individuals in both my personal network and among our current and target clientele (most of the people we speak to regularly hold at least VP positions at their companies or run successful personal brands and companies of their own).
- MUST BE ENTREPRENEURIAL and resourceful. If you’ve ever started a side hustle, successful non-profit, or grew a job description within a previous employment experience well beyond requirements and expectations, those are all things we are looking for in an ideal candidate.
- Effective in personal time management and productivity for yourself and in assisting others, as part of this position includes assisting me in some of his daily/weekly client responsibilities.
- Passion for helping Millennials thrive in corporate work environments, inspiring Millennials to find and act on their passions in life, and attending to the smallest details that make or break the execution of sales and marketing campaigns.
- Domain expertise in marketing or sales, especially among high-level clientele, selling products and services with 5-figure minimum fees, and creating/implementing unorthodox marketing campaigns that get results.
- The desire to grow from an internship to a leadership position within months, and the hustle and adaptability necessary to create the results needed to fuel that growth in your responsibilities.
- Strong negotiation skills coupled with clear and attentive communication prowess.
- We are based in the Financial District in New York City, just a few blocks away from Wall Street, although the right candidate will have the freedom to work remotely from anywhere in the world. Being in NYC is a bonus, but not required.
- Quickly grow your personal network, skill sets, confidence, real-life working experience, and business “world view” through regular communication with me, members of my network, and the high-level clientele we work with.
- If you are in NYC, you are free to join me in my office when I’m not traveling and have access to free coffee and beer, as well as a buzzing atmosphere of startup activity.
- Flexibility in when you work, where you work, and how you work. Just get results.
- Rapidly grow your role within our organization if you hustle and create your dream job within Kleinert Ventures.
- Access to the invite-only 2 Billion Under 20 and 3 Billion Under 30 online communities of world-class Millennials from all walks of life and all over the world.
- Email me at email@example.com with interest in this position and an explanation as to why you’d be great for this role.
- Show, don’t tell! Resumes are less compelling than doing something “out of the box” to convince us that you are the right man or woman for this position.
Thank you and share away!